THOUGHTS ON THE UNEXPECTED



Photo Shoot with Alexa Irene in Downtown Fayetteville, NC , instead of a show :) 
If you are reading this, it means that the new version of the website is up, and that I have overcome fears, doubts and overwhelm, and decided sharing my message was more important than getting it perfect. In the process I learned a lot about myself, about the human mind, and of how to take control of mine!

This year was huge for my family and I. We bought a house and moved in in January, I started the process of looking for a graduate program and I am about to start classes, children changed schools, I made my personal training business truly mine by creating Transcend Normal Fitness LLC along with my awesome husband, and I spent a lot of time setting up the infrastructure for the business, learning all the new tech stuff and applying it to provide a better service, I partnered with Elevo Dynamics to use their spectacular facility for my one on one clients, and began my adventures in corporate wellness, all the while honoring my commitment to the Army reserves as a Civil Affairs SGT. I am still not done. Not everything is in place, but is it ever? I am not trying to give an excuse for the radio silence in the last few months, but I kind of am.

Here is what I have learned;

There comes a time when you must let go of a sense of security if you want to grow. I had to let go of my job at a corporate gym to be able to create my brand and market it. It was scary but there is nowhere to go but up. I am now responsible for everything; paying rent, insurance, scheduling, billing, training programs, blog, and a million details. But I do all this gladly because now I am fully invested in it, in my client’s outcomes, and there is power and joy in that.

You also must let go of some things, people and activities and concentrate on the things that really matter. Since January, I decided to concentrate on my family, my business and on finding the right
school. This last one is important because I feel I need to continue to learn and grow to provide a better service. This is why my studies will be in the field of human behavior and neuroscience. If I am gonna study something, might as well study the most complex subject out there, the human brain. So I can better help people take charge of theirs. Go big or go home. I had to let go of some social and fun activities. For the next few years, I choose to laser focus. There is only 24 hours in a day after all. I am aware that I will need to find quality people to fill certain roles because you can only be a team of one for so long before you limit your growth potential.

Sometimes, you have to go very, very deep to find out why are you so afraid of success, growth, failure, change, etc. I had to do some serious introspection to be able to find my true voice. I had to read, research, meditate (a lot), face the past, forgive people and myself. I had to accept that I am no longer a child that might have been programed with limiting beliefs. I am an adult, and adult that processes meta cognition. So I must meta-adult!!

Timing is never gonna be perfect and you must just make decisions, get going and learn on the run. Analysis paralysis gets you nowhere. I also intended to compete in an NPC figure show this year. At one point, my coach and I decided I was not ready and postponed to do a later show. When that date arrived, commitments with the military prevented me from being there. So basically I was on prep for about 6 months give or take, and did not get to do a show. But instead of getting upset at something I could not control and go eat everything in town, I found something beautiful in this; I got so used to eating super clean, doing regular cardio, and maintaining a level of leanness I am really happy with, that I do not intend to change a thing! I keep eating clean, I keep lifting hard, and I can enjoy a day off or a cheat meal, but I intend to not deviate far from where I am, except to improve!! Will I do a show next year? Likely, maybe even two! But I will do it knowing I am ready, and with minimal stress.

I hope that these glimpse into my life is useful to you to apply to your own life. By going along with life’s craziness, and not pushing against it, is how we learn, grow, and become our best selves.

Keep Transcending Normal!

Natasha

Comments

Popular Posts